Articles and extracts from papers.
in the Church Growth Models.
What is an enthusiast? How do they drive the
growth of the church?
Alpha Course - An Example of Church Growth Through Enthusiasts. An application of
the church growth models to the Alpha Course of Holy Trinity Brompton,
- Tipping the Church into Growth.
This explains the principles and results of the church growth models using the
concept of tipping points. Aimed at pastors and other Christians with an interest in
church growth but little knowledge of mathematics.
- Flagship Churches .
A flagship church is a church that is successful and can reproduce itself through church planting or through influencing others. Using ideas from the Limited Enthusiasm Model of church growth it is proposed that flagship church is one that can generate enthusiasts.
- Anglican Church Decline in the West. Two blogs on the decline of the Anglican church showing the Church of England is declining slower than its sister denominations. doi: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3761.2242.
Welsh Revival 1904-5
Did the Welsh Revival of 1904-5 Start? An examination of the background to
the 1904/5 Welsh revival in the light of the limited enthusiasm
model of church growth. The article is based on source material
summarised in the timeline to the background of the revival.
of the Background to the Welsh Revival 1904-5. Notes on the build up to the 1904/5 Welsh Revival based on the various books available, including dates, where possible.
of the First Two Weeks of the Welsh Revival 1904-5. Notes on the first two weeks of 1904/5 Welsh Revival based on the various books available, including dates, where possible. This coincides with Evan Roberts' first mission to Loughor, but also has a few brief references to Rhos, Ammanford and Cardiganshire. The emphasis is on how the revival spread and lines of influence.
Contemporary Revival Movements
- The Welsh Outpouring 2013 Six blogs on the Cwmbran Outpouring at Victory Church. The movement examined in the light of church growth models and past revivals.
- Contemporary Revivals A review of potential revival, and social, movements within church since 1960.
Church Growth Model Building Series - Discipleship Model
Notes developed as part of a series on building church growth models hosted by the Cymru Institute for Contemporary Christianity (CICC).
More details of the series is on the Church Growth Model Building Series page.
- How to Use System Dynamics to Build a Model powerpoint, PDF. (8MB files). Use slide show to get the best effect.
- Results for the supply of, and demand for, discipleship Slides on PDF
- Construction of Causal Loops for the control of discipleship Slide in PDF
- Outline of Discipleship Model - Final Version Slide in PDF
- Defence of Church Growth Modelling. Written at the same time as the first published paper on the mathematics of church growth (Hayward 1999).
This attempts to justify why modelling church growth is a legitimate exercise without jeopardizing the Biblical beliefs of the Christian church.
- Laws of Church Growth. Scholarly and anecdotal "laws" of church growth. Both to inspire and inform.
- Origin of Wesley's Law. Some background to Wesley's Law of the decay of pure religion.