Parish Church, Llantrisant, Wales
The oldest parts of the current church building of Llantrisant parish date back to Norman times, though most is 14th and 16th century. There was a major refurbishment in Victorian times. Worship on the site can be dated back to the 700s AD. Originally the worshippers would have been in the Celtic church, but by the time the current building had been started they would have been subsumed into the Catholic church that dominated Western Christendom at that time. By 1386 the church was under Tewkesbury Abbey, so that at the Reformation, when it became Anglican, it became part of the diocese of Gloucester, not a Welsh diocese. Only in 1885 was it transferred to Llandaff diocese, which since 1920 has been part of the Church in Wales. Churches with long histories see many denominational and organisational changes. It remains an active church.