The following has been used in prayer groups in South Wales to encourage people to pray for revival
Pray for a Revival of the Belief in the Authority of Scripture
- To accept its authority over us (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- Bible would be read in church services (1 Tim 4:13).
- Bible would be taught to children (Deut 6:7).
- People would read the Bible every day (Acts 17:11).
- Preachers would preach from the Bible – explaining and exposing its meaning – applying it to our lives (Neh 8:8, 2 Tim 4:2).
- Preachers would preach Christ from the Bible so that people may find him and be saved (1 Cor 2:23).
Pray for a Revival in Understanding of Who God Is
- We would understand His holiness, perfection, majesty, justice, wrath against sin (Is 6:3, Deut 32:4, Rom 1:18).
- And yet also understand His love, tenderness, accessibility through Christ, longing for all to be saved (Joel 2:12-13, Ps 103:4, Jn 3:16, 2 Pet 3:9).
Pray for a Revival of Belief in the Doctrines of Salvation
- The dreadfulness of sin and the certainty of eternal punishment for all who do not believe and trust in Jesus (Deut 6:23, Is 59:7, Jn 3:18).
- The centrality of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour (Acts 4:12).
- No other way to God but through Jesus Christ (Jn 14:6).
- Salvation by grace alone (Eph 2:8).
- The necessity of New Birth – a sovereign work of God (Jn 3:3-8).
- Justification by faith alone (Rom 5:1).
- The necessity of repentance – turning away from sin (Luke 13:3).
- Freedom from condemnation for those who are in Christ (Rom 8:1).
- Substitutionary atonement – Jesus took the place of sinners on the cross taking the punishment for their sins on himself (2 Cor 5:12).
Pray for a Revival of The Work of the Holy Spirit
- Seek the direct witness of the Holy Spirit – assuring us of our salvation (Rom 8:15-17).
- Seek communion with God in worship – his felt presence, manifest through the Holy Spirit (Ps 27:4, Acts 4:31).
- Seek a deeper love for, and personal knowledge of, the Lord Jesus Christ (Phil 3:10).
- Seek the outpouring, or baptism, of the Holy Spirit on the church and ourselves personally (Mark 1:8, Acts 19:1-7).
- Seek the riches that Christ has made available to us in the gifts of the Spirit (Eph 1:3, 1 Cor 14:1).
Pray for a Revival in Prayer Life
- We would pray privately & daily in adoration, confession, thanksgiving and intercession (Col 4:2, 1 Tim 2:1-2,8).
- The church would pray regularly in its services and meetings.
- The church would worship God with reverence and humility so that Jesus Christ is exalted and his presence sought.
- The church would have special times of prayer – solemn assemblies – to seek God’s mercy on us (2 Chron 7:14).
Pray for a Revival in Godly Living
- Honesty. Openness – straight, plain & tender dealings with people (Prov 11:1, 2 Cor 8:21).
- Sexual Purity (1 Cor 6:15-19, Eph 5:3-4, Heb 13:4) – Sexual relations only within a life-long marriage between a man and a woman (Matt 19:4-6). Purity of secret thoughts and inclinations as well as actions (Matt 5:27-28).
- Self-sacrifice – denying unkind word and thoughts, preferring others, denying ourselves (Matt 16:24-26, Jn 12:23-26).
- Making good use of the time God gives us (Eph 5:15-16).
- Life and conversations that adorns the Gospel. (Jms 1:22-25, 1Tim 4:12, 15-16).
Pray for a Revival of Evangelistic Zeal
- Compassion for the lost. (Rom 10:1).
- Seeking the glory of God in the building of his Kingdom (2 Cor 4:15).
- Passion for speaking of the saviour and his work. (Rom 1:14).
- Desire to help people find the saviour and not hinder them by our traditions and minor points of doctrine. (Acts 15:19-20, 1 Cor 14:23).